Two nights of fully outfitted camping in Southwest Oklahoma's Wichita Mountains.
Small tents can accommodate two adults and two small children (kid cots available upon request).
Large tents can accommodate four adults and two small children (kids cots available upon request).
Each tent is set up and broken down by Homma Camp Co. staff and fully outfitted with:
- Choice of full sized bed (linens provided) or XL cot (mattress pad and sleeping bag provided)
- Towels and Rosemary/Oak soap from Farmer & Hippie
- Rugs and doormat
- Side table
- Additional amenities available upon request. See our full Menu of Services for options.
ABOUT THE AREA
Established in 1901, Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge is one of more than 556 refuges throughout the United States managed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. The 59,020 acre refuge hosts a rare piece of the past - a remnant mixed grass prairie, an island where the natural grasslands escaped destruction because the rocks underfoot defeated the plow.
The refuge provides habitat for large native grazing animals such as American bison, Rocky Mountain elk, and white-tailed deer. Texas longhorn cattle also share the refuge rangelands as a cultural and historical legacy species. More than 50 mammal, 240 bird, 64 reptile and amphibian, 36 fish, and 806 plant species thrive on this important refuge.
WHAT TO DO
- Camp is located at Lake Lawtonka
- Visit the nearby Wildlife Refuge - enjoy hiking, fishing, hunting, and rock climbing
- Visit the artsy community of Medicine Park
- VIsit the Meers Store and Restaurant (famous burgers!)
- Let the mom in your family relax by the campfire with a bottle of wine!